Team Taught by Jody Wallace and Maggie Lynch $55.00
Whether you’ve been working on your book for a decade or wrote the whole thing during NanoWriMo, you will need to self-edit and revise (usually several times) before sending it to an agent/editor or self-publishing. Editing requires you to put aside your writing/creative brain and fully adopt an analytical perspective. After you’ve gone through that analysis and made notes, then you can once more engage your creative brain to resolve the issues you found.
The expectation is that you will have a completed first-draft, or very close. You will be working on self-editing your own manuscript as part of this course.
This course includes tools and techniques to help you:
- Create a revision draft and a revision attitude.
- Consider the first page(s) as a reader.
- Assess the pacing and balance of exposition, narrative, action, and dialogue.
- Improve world building—whether contemporary/realistic or fantasy/sf.
- Round out flat characters, looking closely at point-of-view.
- Find and deal with annoying grammar issues and typos.
- Final polish – blurbs, loglines, synopsis for sending to agent/editor.
2022 Open Sections
Tuesdays, May 31 – June 21, 9:30am PT, 12:30pm ET, 5:30pm GMT – This course is over for this year.
Duration: 4 Weeks, meets every Tuesday at the same time for 90 minutes on Zoom.