Too often, once a book has been out a few months or a year it is forgotten. Authors often worry about creating the next book, releasing several books a year in order to keep high in the rankings across sales platforms. That practice mans that potentially thousands of dollars in intellectual property is being wasted, languishing on the proverbial electronic shelf.
A backlist book has something a newer one is missing – a track record. You can use that to make the book stand out as much or more than a new title. This course will guide you through reviving your backlist books to not only shine again but to work hard for your front list as well.
You will learn how to:
- Rejuvenate older backlist books and series, even from 20 years ago
- Develop reader guides, prequels, and other introductory incentives
- Assess covers, pricing, and re-marketing opportunities
- Repackage, bundle, and promote
- Rethink or create new series for backlist products
- Use Scheduling tools for evergreen marketing
- Tie backlist titles to your front list
- Calendar backlist marketing all year
2022 Open Sections
Thursdays, November 3 – December 8, 11am PT, 2pm ET, 7pm GMT
Duration: 5 Weeks, meets every Thursday at the same time for 90 minutes on Zoom