Learn to make decisions about which social media platforms to use regularly, and how to develop a plan for consistent reader engagement. Though there are supplemental materials with step-by-step instructions for using a platform, the focus is on how to build and generate the best content according to your goals and the platform’s audience expectations.
The course focuses on identifying the two to three social media platforms that YOU feel comfortable using to reach readers and sell books. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, YouTube/Vimeo, LinkedIn, and Podcast platforms are all discussed. We will focus on building brand loyalty and what to realistically expect from these platforms in terms of generating actual sales. Each class focuses on different platforms according to class and individual needs. Though we do discuss all the platforms that engage readers, we find that each year the #1 platform has changed.
In 2020 most students chose Facebook first. In 2021, most students chose Instagram first. Given the rise of TikTok in the past year, we anticipate that a focus on TikTok will likely be #1 for most students in 2022.
You will learn how to:
- Determine which platforms serve your target audience
- Try out different platforms to decide what is going to work best for you
- Develop the best linking strategies for each platform you will use
- Effectively use scheduling and posting options to save your sanity
- Differentiate the good and bad about audience reach on each platform
- Devise a consistent engagement strategy for the platforms you wish to use
- Create content that matches platform and reader expectations
- Build and keep a fanbase on each platform you choose to use
- Implement a quarterly social media engagement plan
There are no open sections of this course in 2022.
Duration: 7 Weeks