Taught by Jody Wallace
Dialog is the heartbeat of fiction. It serves as a source of energy for dramatizing characters, catalyzing conflict, inserting humor or pathos, raising questions in readers. In short it enhances every available opportunity for entertainment. That’s why it’s so important to take full of advantage of dialog and write it well.
The expectation is that you will be working on your own WIP (work-in-progress) as part of this course.
This course includes how to:
- Use and punctuate the different types of dialog.
- Identify character voice / dialog as characterization.
- Compose dialog that’s both natural and efficient.
- Motivate your character to speak.
- Balance dialogue with narrative.
- Examine how dialogue lends itself to POV, setting, worldbuilding, and action.
2022 Open Sections
Tuesdays, April 12 – May 10, 9:30am PT, 12:30pm ET, 5:30pm GMT – Only 4 Slots Left!
Duration: 5 Weeks, meets every Tuesday at the same time for 90 minutes on Zoom.