Every Class Includes
- Live instruction and participant interaction in real time, including Q&A and on-the-spot troubleshooting of your specific situation.
- Course size is limited to only seven participants. This allows the instructor to be responsive to participant questions and troubleshooting that meets each person's specific needs for their books and author career.
- Each course is delivered weekly in 90-minute installments via Zoom. Approximately 45 minutes is instruction and the other 45 minutes is reserved for implementation practice, student questions, and personalized mentoring for the participants.
- Live closed captions are available to anyone who wants to enable it during the session.
- Recordings of each session will be available for one full calendar year after course completion. The recordings are not made available to the general public or to other sections of the same course. In this way your questions and progress are only known to those taking the course with you.
For more detailed information go to the Teaching Philosophy page.
2022 Craft Courses Schedule
All Classes in this sequence are scheduled on Tuesdays at 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern and run for 90 minutes each week.
Jan 11 – Feb 1 – Creating Compelling Conflict (4 weeks) $55
Feb 22 – Mar 29 – Writing Deep 3rd POV (6 weeks) $75
April 12 – May 10 – Composing Scintillating Dialog (5 weeks) $65
May 24 – Jun 14 – Self-Editing and Revision (4 weeks) $55
NEW ADVANCED CRAFT COURSE
Sept 1 – Sept 29 – Figurative Language and Literary Devices (5 weeks) $65
Link and more information coming soon.
2022 Business Courses Schedule
All Classes in this sequence are scheduled on Thursdays at 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern and run for 90 minutes each week.
Feb 10-Apr 14 – Foundations (10 weeks) $78
Apr 21-Jun 9 – SEO For Authors (8 weeks) $85
Jul 7 – Aug 18 – Build Your Reader Email List (7 weeks) $75
Nov 3 – Dec 8 – Revive Your Backlist ( 5 weeks) $45
About Jody Wallace
Jody Wallace is a talented writer who has over 30 books published in the last two decades. Her fiction is known for diverse protagonists, action, adventure, and humor. Her readers frequently comment on her great characters, suspenseful stories, and intriguing and creative world building. When describing her methods, Jody says: “There are two sides to every story. I aim to tell the third. And I add cats regardless.” You can learn more about her books at her website.
She has an MFA in Creative Writing, four years teaching college English and literature and five years creating outstanding technical writing and advertising copy. When she left the corporate and academic arena, she focused on writing novels. She also volunteered with her local writers chapter to coordinate novel writing contests, train judges, and critique finalists. Just as important as all the above, Jody has a sense of humor that makes learning fun, and the tough writing work a little easier to do.
About Maggie Lynch
Maggie Lynch is the author of 27 published books, as well as numerous short stories and non-fiction articles. Her books have been both traditionally published and indie published. Her fiction tells stories of people making heroic choices one messy moment at a time. Her adult titles include women’s fiction, romance, suspense, science fiction and fantasy. Her children’s middle-grade and young adult titles include contemporary life and science-fiction/fantasy. Her current non-fiction titles are focused on helping career authors succeed in the business side of writing, publishing, and marketing. Previous non-fiction titles were academic and student-based texts on creating, managing, and using online learning systems published by Pearson and Routledge / Taylor & Francis.
Maggie’s love of lifelong-learning has garnered degrees in psychology, counseling, computer science, and education. She spent 15 years in Academia teaching university undergraduate and graduate courses in education, psychology, and computer science. In the last decade of her career she served primarily in executive management as a Dean and a CTO. This experience also led to opportunities to consult in the United States, Europe, Australia, Asia, and the Middle East. Since 2013, Maggie and her musician husband have settled in the beautiful Pacific Northwest where she now enjoys the luxury of balancing her love of writing with helping other authors grow their careers. Maggie is also the founder of Windtree Press, an independent publishing cooperative with nearly 300 titles among 27 authors.